In organizations with complex supply chains, supplier development programs are essential to ensuring quality control, minimizing risks and improving productivity. Depending on the needs of your business, a supplier development program may involve a range of testing and services.
NTS Unitek is a leading provider of supplier quality assurance for clients in the aerospace and related industries. Our technical specialists utilize a variety of proven development techniques that provide a structured, documented approach to supplier improvement activities.
Bringing in an independent third party to complete a supplier capacity assessment and quality audit can measure performance in an accurate way, identify gaps and ensure appropriate steps are taken to move forward in a proactive manner.
Through our supplier auditing, we can:
- Identify targets of possible improvements and make more informed recommendations
- Utilize proven techniques (lean manufacturing/Six Sigma) to help suppliers develop and document improvement plans
- Monitor the progress of the plan and ensure its implementation
- Determine if the plan was effective in addressing improvement opportunity or effective in eliminating the cause of a non-conformance
- Assure the proper documentation and reporting of any known issues
Our auditing processes are tailored to the needs of your business, and they reflect the extensive experience of our project coordinators and technical specialists. After the initial audit is complete, we will turn the insights it reveals into an actionable plan to improve product quality and streamline the production process.
Benefits of Supplier Quality Auditing
Quality products require quality components. We believe it is impossible to produce a reliable component unless you thoroughly assess parts and materials, perform necessary checks and testing, and meet regulatory requirements.
Your investment in proactive quality management is one that will have benefits both up and down the supply chain, including:
- Driving sales by enhancing the quality of product you bring to market, creating new opportunities for suppliers while improving the image and stability of your industry as a whole
- Promoting thought leadership at all levels, developing a culture of innovation in which everyone benefits
- Creating more diverse procurement channels, and fostering collaboration between suppliers
- Developing leaner overall processes which keep costs down, improve efficiency and create more sustainable long-term partnerships
- Encouraging job creation and economic growth
Effective Supplier Quality Control: What’s Involved
The supplier quality assurance process requires several factors to deliver the above benefits. These include:
- An environment of mutual trust and open communication between stakeholders
- Engagement at the management levels of the both manufacturer and the supplier
- Experienced auditors who understand your industry and can bring an informed perspective to the quality assurance process
It’s for this reason that partnerships with third-party assessors are required. An independent supplier auditor can encourage the kind of collaboration necessary for the process to be successful. They will also bring a fresh perspective that can be effective at exposing process inefficiencies, quality control oversights and other potential risks.
Why Partner With NTS Unitek?
NTS Unitek provides global quality assurance support services for OEMs and other clients in the aviation, aerospace, defense and other industries. The insights of our technical specialists, who have an average of 20 years' experience in the industries they serve, distinguishes us from competitors. Complementing this expertise, we also have an extensive in-house team of subject matter experts, engineers and project managers.
Partner with us, and you’ll benefit from our “Command Center” approach to supplier assessment, where organizations liaise with a single point of contact who is available to direct the auditing process and foster collaboration with various stakeholders. We also provide clients with a suite of web-based tools for monitoring audit results in real-time. In short, we strive to offer complete transparency and make results available to you as soon as they become available.
We can identify the root causes of persistent supplier issues and suggest appropriate corrective actions. We can also coordinate more comprehensive quality assurance initiatives such as our supplier funded programs, which empower your partners to take more internal responsibility for the QA process.
To learn more about our supplier development and improvement services, please contact us today.