Source inspections are the first step in ensuring quality control across a diverse supply chain. In the aerospace and defense industries, source inspection services are essential to maintaining regulatory compliance, avoiding the use of counterfeit parts and running a leaner, more profitable business in general.
NTS Unitek provides local technical specialists to perform source inspections and assist suppliers in identifying and preventing nonconforming product. As a result, our customers realize significant benefits — including improved quality, increased reliability and significant cost reductions (i.e. reduced travel and other overhead expenses, as well as mitigated risk).
Other benefits of source inspections include:
- An improved ability to produce parts on a short lead time — an increasingly critical factor in an industry where the “just in time” delivery model is the new standard.
- Increased clarity about how your products appear to their end users — and the unique value proposition they offer. Without regular source inspections, you may lose perspective on the nature of your product and risk losing business to more proactive competitors.
- Greater, quantifiable insights into the inner workings of your production processes. Source inspections provide business intelligence that can be used to streamline your operation and build a leaner, more profitable business from the supplier level up.
- Reduced liability thanks to more thorough reporting and a more transparent supply chain. With the risk of an expensive and reputation-damaging recall minimized, your organization is better protected against fines and other potential penalties.
- Fewer future expenses due to product noncompliance, warranty returns and other issues. Source inspections confirm that your product is built to the desired specifications and that it will deliver the performance your end users require of it well into the future.
- The ability to explore new business opportunities without straining your organization. Source inspections are part of the continuous improvement cycle. As a result, NTS Unitek’s auditing services will position your organization to grow in a more sustainable manner.
Realizing the above benefits requires working with a knowledgeable, reliable source inspection auditing company that understands your industry and your business. That’s where NTS Unitek comes in.
About Our Clients
NTS Unitek clients range in size and specialization, and they include a cross-section of some of the aerospace and aviation industries’ most prominent OEMs. We work closely with each customer and their suppliers to put together an auditing program with clear objectives and a detailed timeline for achieving them.
We can provide one-off services or implement a more comprehensive supplier funded program that empowers partners to self-certify under the supervision of our technical inspectors. Our source inspection services can be designed to address a persistent problem. The can also be designed to proactively improve the overall efficiency and quality control of your supply chain.
Source Inspection Types
NTS Unitek is a full-service source inspection company with extensive experience in the aerospace, defense and related industries. We provide several types of source inspections, including:
- Conformity inspections
- Final inspections
- First article inspections
- Sampling inspections
- In-process inspections
- Test witnessing
Source inspections of various kinds can be used to inspect the quality of prototype components and their various tooling systems in advance of a production run. They can also be used to confirm the fidelity of a part to your original engineering drawings. Some of our customers rely on source inspections to independently test subassembly components before incorporation into a finished assembly.
Contact NTS Unitek to Get Started Today
NTS Unitek has been providing source inspections and related services since 1973. The excellence of our global team distinguishes us from our competitors. We believe that just as a quality product begins at the source, quality auditing begins with well-trained inspectors. Our technical specialists have an average of 20 years’ experience in their respective fields, and our talent pool includes aerospace engineers and other subject matter experts.
Get started by using the contact form on this page to request a consultation at your convenience. You’ll see immediately why we've earned a reputation as one of the most reliable source inspection auditing companies today.