Rapid, Scalable, Efficient
Uniteks’ Technical Support Services were developed to enhance the customers back end operations while allowing them to focus on their core competency. Unitek has the capability to rapidly scale up support for customers with emerging programs or who are going through a make/buy cost benefit analysis.
Unitek has 20 plus years’ experience in setting up and administering customers DSQR/DQR programs. The program administration capability includes;
- Screening recommended candidates
- Training on customer specific inspection program requirements
- Customer systems access and registration
- Systems data entry and detail capture
- Stamp control
- Reviewing DSQR annual certification and personnel requirement compliance
Knowledge of how the supply chain is performing is critical. Unitek can perform the supplier data review for Quality and Delivery.
Depending on the where the data is captured, Unitek can compile and output the data on a macro basis (Total Qty accept/reject) &/or micro basis (per part number).
Timely communication back to the supplier is crucial. Feedback of how the supplier is performing is key in order to make corrective action / preventative actions. Supplier score carding is key when determining the supplier category rating systems.
Specification compliance reviews are a form of risk identification for mitigation purposes. Specifications detail the requirements of products, processes and raw materials. Full specification review (ideally before contract award) is used by purchasing in order to evaluate product performance and quality compliance.
Compliance reviews can also encompass efforts to ensure that organizations are abiding by both industry regulations and government legislation. Compliance is a prevalent business concern, partly because of an ever-increasing number of regulations that require companies to maintain their compliance.
Unitek’s Qualified and experienced specialists can provide formal compliance audits that follow a specific format based on the compliance regulation, product or process being assessed.
Metrology is “the science and practice of measurement.” Metrology is important in some way to every human endeavor. More specifically, it is critical to all the physical, chemical and biological sciences and the technologies and manufacturing processes that are developed from them.
Instrument calibration is one of the chief methods of checking and maintaining the quality and accuracy of measurements. All these measurements are compared with the standard and accepted accuracy. If any discrepancies arise, the instrument is configured to provide results that lie within the acceptable precision, accuracy and repeatability range.
The calibration process is a procedure, which is a documented, validated and controlled method for making the comparisons. It defines the parameters to be measured, the measurement standards to be used, environmental conditions and the data to be collected.
The schedule of calibration holds importance, too. An end user must ensure that all instruments related to safety and quality are calibrated on schedule. Calibration analysis determines when each instrument should be calibrated, and its performance is closely monitored. This is a good manufacturing practice that focuses on eliminating or minimizing factors that are responsible for errors or inaccuracy.
Unitek can perform a variety of audits to confirm if all of the measurement tools are within the required performance specification range and due period. Unitek can also audit that the calibration processes are being performed in accordance with the calibration procedure.
Unitek can provide qualified and talented people to support the back office function of your technical and operations teams. We can provide rapidly scalable resourcing to support;
- Functioning as primary focal point on engineering and technical issues.
- Coordinating activities to evaluate and resolve engineering-related production problems.
- Consulting with subject matter experts to obtain specialized information.
- Conferring with quality control, material, manufacturing and other department personnel to provide technical support.
- Analyzing and write production discrepancies disposition with production and design knowledge and repair methods.
- Checking drawings and suggest changes and complete Drawing Change Requests.
- Maintains records/oversees recording of information by others to ensure engineering drawings and documents are current. Documenting engineering-related production problems and resolutions for detail capture.
- Reviewing production schedules, engineering specifications, orders and related information to maintain current knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures and activities in assigned area.
- Assisting project managers to develop project work plans.
- Communicating with engineering groups to ensure outcomes comply with regulatory, process and/or product requirements.
- Informing customers on project progress.
- Scheduling and coordinate field team members when required.
- Finishing administrative tasks as necessary.
Administrative support further facilitate quality for our customers, and the responsibilities of this position can include a broad variety of organizational tasks to include:
- Working closely and effectively with management and team leads to keep them informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up consistently and appropriately
- Logistical set up of meetings, including video conferencing as well as teleconferencing equipment
- Trouble shooting application items and coordinating with field resources
- Communicate opinion on current policies or issues required to work independently while using judgement or discretion
- Superior communication, presentation, organization, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in auditing expense reports, purchase orders, invoices and related documents to verify accuracy
- Coordination of point-of-contacts for support functions of assigned area; for example HR, payroll, purchasing, facilities, and travel
- Ability to operate office equipment for assigned area including routine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Ability to compose and proof correspondence
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Provide back-up support for team members
- Demonstrate an awareness of fundamental business principles, as well as an understanding of the overall industry in which the business operates.
- Data entry, records management, contracts coordination, material ordering, field coordination.
Since 1973, we have been a dedicated partner to OEMs and their suppliers in the aerospace, defense and other industries. Contact us today for more information on our Supply Chain Management Services.